Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hachikyu Promotion

Sharon went down to the dojo to watch the promotion ceremony. I was promoted to the rank of Hachi-Kyu, eight level beginner, June 13, 2007. The exam was two days ago. Seven more levels before Shodan test!


The other adult Hachikyu, Ms. Bloom, and I demonstrated a few of the 15 Upper Body Techniques of Isshinryu Karate. During the demonstration I learned that Number 13 is a counter to a sucker punch, I didn't realize that this sucker punch was to the temple.


I intend to write up the 15 Upper Body Moves again; add the specific attack, detail the blocking, and naturally the Japanese names with translations.


Demonstrating technique #8
Kyoshi Ron Joslin and myself
Mr. Oliver, my instructor
Two new adult Hachikyu, Ms. Bloom and myself
Kick board held by kid on Mr. Olivers shoulders.


The next step is yellow belt.
folded yellow rank belt

1 comment:

John Vesia said...

Congratulations on your promotion. I only had to know the first ten basics for my 8th kyu exam. Keep up the good work!