As Sensei Vern Brekke taught me; aim with the knee (load/chamber), deliver kick, return to chamber position, stance. Kick returns twice as fast as it is delivered.
Isshin-ryu kicks are primarily snapped back (twice as fast) after they hit a target, while thrust kicks dominate other styles.
Unless otherwise noted:
all kicks hands are open and holding the sides at the obi, palms down,
all kicks are proceeded by a backward step,
all kicks are from a defensive stance, seisan dashi,
all kata are repeated on the left side.
Lower Body Moves
- Front Snap Kick
- Crossover Kick (Stomp Kick)
- Knee Kick (Groin Strike)
- Side Kick
- Beside Kick (Side Kick with Ball of Foot)
- Drop Kick (Low Round House To Knee)
- Front Thrust Kick (Heel Push Kick)
- Forward Angle Kick
- Front Kick-Back Kick (Knee Smash)