Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hit Pill really works


A week ago I pulled a muscle during the Saturday morning Karate class. Initially it felt like a cramp, the gastroc was balling up and I couldn't put any weight on the foot. It was a strain of the left medial insertion of the gastrocnemius.


Used a cold pack right away and watched the rest of class. When I got home I took a Hit Pill. I have had this pill around for a dozen years and this is the first time that I have had the occasion to use it (save the time last August when I got the same injury to the lateral gastroc insertion but forgot about the Hit Pill until days later).


Hit Pills are used for major injuries to muscle and sinew. Also called trauma pills they are a Traditions Chinese Medicine (TCM) that we use in the practice of Seifukujutsu. It promotes the flow of Qi and prevent the stagnation of blood. Use the first 24 hours after an injury. One must remove the protective wax coating before ingesting.

Large file, packaging of hit pill
I could feel the effects of the Hit Pill:

  • reduced swelling
  • walking a day earlier
  • little stagnation of Qi or blood
  • reduced pain


I was walking normally four days later and using the muscle gingerly a week later. I think the healing is a couple of days ahead of the last time because I uses the Hit Pill. I now carry one in my gi bag along with the dit dar jau and hot sauce.

No comments: