Sunday, October 18, 2009

Danzan Ryu no Kihon

Principles of Danzan Ryu Jujitsu
  1. Yield to force
  2. Do not rely on strength
  3. Connect
  4. Maintain your integrity
  5. Seek the center
  6. Get off the line
  7. Lead the mind
  8. Break frame
  9. Maintain miai
  10. To neutralize
Prof. Tom Ball at the 2009 Western Division AJJF Black Belt Seminar in Sacramento California.

My challenge is to understand these fundamentals it everything I do. Each and every technique has all of these principles so where I don't see the kihon I have more to learn from DZR.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was there at the BB seminar today. It was great.

Unknown said...

I think it should be "Danzan Ryu no Kihon". "no" is like the word "of" but it is used more like "'s". So Danzan Ryu no Kihon would be like "Danzan Ryu's Kihon".