Saturday, August 25, 2007

Master Toby Cooling

Master Walter "Toby" Cooling taught a seminar last night for the Black Belt Club. He is a 10th Dan in Ishinryu Karate, founder of the Order of Isshin-Ryu, a fraternal organization (1971). He did an outstanding job of teach principle and self defense techniques that everyone in attendance could grasp (children, parents, kyus and yodansha). I was the lowest rank there, two other yellow belts with more experience were there as well. Mostly kids in the Black Belt Club and the yodansha.


Master Cooling and myself


Master Cooling was accompanied by his wife Mrs. Cooling. She helped with the techniques when we were working them but did not teach. I could tell by the way she was showing the escape from a rear choke hold that she had done some Judo. She said she wasn't very good at Judo and only tried it for a few months.



Mrs. Cooling and myself

My notes from this clinic are not intended to teach others how to do the arts.

No comments: