Tuesday, April 17, 2007

First Karate Class

Began my Isshinryu Karate training last night at Joslin's East/West Karate.


Class starts about 8 PM and is about 1.5 hours total, including dress down, work out, dojo clean up and packing your gear. There is 10 minutes or more before class to stretch out and warm up a bit. The stretching part of class is to brief to be of any use at all.


Side kicks don't work with this body so I practiced my front snap kicks.


Condition

  • Sucking air by the end of the heavy bag work.
  • Push ups with knees on ground.
  • Abdominal crunches a piece of cake.
  • Bicycle crunch (arms on mat version) was impossible at speed, I do it in super slo-mo.
  • Able to walk after class.
  • Felt like I got a good workout without over doing it.

However, we had difficulty sleeping because the leg was "alive" after class. This morning I was unable to lift the foot 6 inches off the ground. It is muscle fatigue, not a strain or injury. By this afternoon I was able to walk up stairs again.

No comments: